IPC The Automatic Ring and Ball Tester
Conforming to EN 1427, ASTM D36, AASHTO T53, IP 58, JIS K 2207, for the automatic determination of the softening point of bituminous materials
The Automatic Ring and Ball Tester allows fully automatic performance of softening point determination of binders conforming to most common international Standards. Two binder specimens, cast in shouldered brass rings, are heated at a controlled temperature rate in a water or glycerol bath while each supports a steel ball. The softening point corresponds to the average temperature at which the two specimens soften enough to allow each ball, enveloped in binder, to fall 25mm, automatically detected by a calibrated light barrier.
The New Automatic Ring and Ball Tester is:
- Fully in compliance with the temperature heating rate, displaying in real-time the gradient and its deviation from the theoretical one.
- Delivering clear results with a 7’’ color touchscreen display, with multiple preset and custom testing procedures, allowing real-time display of the temperature/ time graph on display or PC (with optional software).
- Safer, the hotplate is fully sealed and it is automatically switched off; the integrated cooling fan is enabled at the end of the test. Moreover, the front transparent cover reduces the risks coming from accidental water or glycerol spilling from the beaker.
- Supplied complete with outfit for softening point of bituminous materials.
- Fully automatic softening point determination
- Real-time display of the temperature/time graph on display or PC, thanks to a 7’’ color touchscreen display, with multiple preset and custom testing procedures
- Inbuilt cooling fan, automatically enabled at the end of the test, to reduce the beaker cooling time
- Removable transparent front cover to improve the safety and security
- PT100 probe holder and drip tray for specimen holder, complete with handle, improving beaker positioning operations
- Possibility to perform user-defined tests with maximum temperature up to 250°C.r.