Our Multi Packer Piezometer System (MPPiS) is our latest development within the multi packer systems. MPPiS was specially developed for a new piece of uplift force measuring equipment for a gravity dam. By combining packer elements with the conventional multi piezometer system we have the following advantages:
• Filling the annular space with a cement-bentonite slurry and filter gravel can be dispensed with
• The planned installation depths of the rubber sleeves (packers) can be achieved very accurately and can be subsequently changed at any time – in contrast to filling the annular space with cement-bentonite slurry and filter gravel
• The surrounding ground is not influenced by the cement-bentonite slurry
• MPPiS can be removed. Thus the problem of sintering in the region of the filter, which occurs after a period of time, can be solved by exchanging the filter unit. In this way the working life and functionality of the measuring unit can be extended
• MPPiS requires a smaller borehole diameter than the conventional method, since the piezometer tube does not require a minimum distance for good insulation of the observation intervals. In a 101 mm borehole up to 3 piezometer tubes can be installed
The use of multi packer piezometer systems requires a fixed borehole.
1. MPPiS Intervallmodul 2. MPPiS Packermodule und Piezometerrohre 3. Einbau Piezometerrohre 4. Einbau Packer- und Intervallmodul