The Roller Compactor is considered to be the method of laboratory specimen compaction that results in slabs of asphaltic paving materials with properties that most closely simulate those of materials in the highway. Slabs can be compacted to target mixture densities using loads that are equivalent to those of full-scale compaction equipment.
The CRT-RC-H2 is hydraulically powered and controlled by a programmable logic controller (PLC) connected to an HMI which the operator can use to select the number of passes. A manual pressure control is adjusted to set the required load.
Its main function is to produce slabs for wheel tracking tests. Users have compacted hot asphaltic materials over stress absorbing membrane interlayers (SAMIs) on a base of cracked concrete in order to assess the effectiveness of the SAMI by using shear or bending tests.
● Steel wheeled roller segments
● Solid machine frame
● Heated head for reducing mixture sticking to roller during compaction
● Model for compaction of 305 x 305mm and 305 x 400mm slabs
● Roller compactor moulds will fit Cooper Technology Wheel trackers so that compacted slabs can be wheel-tracked without de-moulding
● Maximum compaction load of 30kN per 305mm roll width (equivalent to largest on-site static rollers)
● Speed control
● HMI for operator selection of number of passes
● Slabs can be used as wheel-tracking specimens, and cored to make indirect tensile test specimens or cut into beams for 4 Point Bending Test
● Vibrating roller option with adjustable frequency to simulate on-site vibratory rollers
● CE marked
● EN 12697-33 Steel roller